Friday 10 April 2009

The Touch of Rain Drops..!

My mind was traveling in a wonderful dream much faster, than the cab in which I am... The voice of driver 'Here you go..' wake me up from my dream. It was hard for me to hide my anger at him in disturbing a wonderful dream. But I realized that cab has reached near my apartment, and with an artificial smile, I managed to hide my angers inside...

It was slightly drizzling, and I stepped out of the cab looking at the cloudy sky... The very next moment, small rain drops spread on my face.. Nature’s touch! It was touchy and very cool. I had an umbrella in my bag. But I walked in the rain. I heard a voice from the bottom of my heart asking me to enjoy rain. My whole body was showered by the drizzle. In fact it was truly a pleasant feel.

Only later, I realized that the rain was slightly heavier than it seemed to me. All my clothes got drenched, but I didn't mind… The touch of raindrops gave an extreme freshness to me. I walked towards the lift in my apartment building. Each of my steps toward it was as mechanical as this city life. My mind has not come back from the excitement of rain. But I was walking unconsciously like a robot that is programmed to do so.

I always liked rain; it gives tremendous harmony when tiny rain drops touch the skin. My mind was thrilled like a kid. It reminded my childhood days… A kid who runs out of the house when it starts raining, to enjoy every bit of it… looking at the sky, he jump up and down with the rhythm of rain. And his mom chases him all the way in the surrounding land to take him back to home. He never gives up until both of them are fully drenched! Finally when mom wins chasing and taken him to house, he sit near the window, watching the rain and the dark cloudy sky. When lightening or thunder comes, he run to grandma and hide under grandma's bed sheets.

The lift opened in front of me… As I walked into the lift, I heard a much familiar voice saying 'Door closing'. It took a moment for me to realize that, it is automatic playback of some recorded voice from the speaker in the lift. I laughed at myself knowing that my mind and body is out of sync for few minutes now. My mind was flying like a butterfly in those dream worlds of childhood memories. The lift started moving upward and the initial pull against gravitation reminded me that I'm on earth..!

I starred at the digital display of floor number; awaiting my floor number. Something has taken me back to the nostalgic memories again… may be the wetness from raindrops or the loneliness in lift! A recap to those primary school days in my village! School days are always the cute days of anyone's life… A bunch of memories fled into my mind… walking to school in those rainy monsoon days through small muddy road with ponds and fields on both sides (They are all replaced with concrete roads and buildings now). On the way back from school we play on those muddy fields in rain… and catch little fishes from the small ponds on either side of the way… put them in our water bottle and enjoy watching it swimming up and down in the bottle, rushing to escape. Sometimes we get into the pond and pluck those Lilly flowers... good old days !

The digital indication that I am starring now, read: 'Floor: 02’. My mind is wandering in the memories of those school holidays. We used to go for swimming in every morning. The water would be snow cool in early morning. But we treasured swimming in early morning. It is even better feeling, to swim in rain. The raindrops touch on top of you tickling your body and sequentially unite with water underneath you. Nice, isn’t it? Then the days we, friends used to play cricket from morning to evenings… and the unexpected rain that comes all in a sudden while we play. We keep playing in rain, though we get scolding for it from parents later... again good old days !

A beep sound along with change in digital display indicated that it is 3rd floor. I was flying high in those precious days of my life - college life and hostel days..! The long sleepless nights in hostel corridors with a gathering of good friends around. We stay awake in late nights and discuss about anything other than studies..! Enormously about anything and everything in this universe..! Night outs while raining were extra special... rain added some additional aroma to our discussions… like a background music to our funny discussions… and it goes on for the whole night… it might be the music of rain that keep all of us awake !

Then those rainy mornings, we bunk classes and labs just because we are lazy to get up from bed… and enjoy sleeping till lunch. Then the bike rides through college campus with friends in rain... you know, that is a incredible and special feeling to ride bike in rain..! The faster you ride, the harder the rain drops hit you..!

Another beep sound from an entirely different world is heard and the display read: 'Floor: 04’. But that did not seem to trouble my floating mind much. I am cherishing those drizzly evenings in the beach with the special friend in my life... sitting next to next in beach sand for long time looking at the deep sea without talking much… still when we go back from beach, we get a feel that we shared all our feelings through silence… may be the breeze and drizzle communicated our feelings between us... and the returning from beach sharing an umbrella with that caring and loving friend...!

The digital display changed again and beep sound bang my head... It flushed my mind and those sweet memories… the door opened and I stepped out from lift and walked to my room, thinking about this artificial, routine life. We don't see nature these days, all I can see in this world now is concrete buildings, flats, ac rooms, lifts, bridges, fly over, mobile, ipods, computer, laptop, internet, tv, metro trains; Machines everywhere...! very rarely get chance to see the nature; and feel the nature... The beauty and trueness of nature has been wiped away by human intelligence. But Rain is one of nature’s beauty, that is untouched by human intelligence so far...

And presently here I am, sitting near the window of my room in middle of a busy city (I would prefer calling it a 'concrete jungle') and having a hot coffee. As I type this post in my laptop, it is still raining outside. This post is born from the music of rain drops that I am enjoying through my window now..!

Well, we all must let the past go off, some day or the other...! Still it is nice to jog your memories through those wonderful moments in life...!

12 comments:

  1. I like It
    It brought A pleasnt feeling in me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice.... there is something that made me read it in one stretch and made me walk along with u.....and really surprised to see something like this from u......keep writingg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one...Similar to the posts i made..
    :-)
    But so much better than those...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Still it is nice to jog your memories through those wonderful moments in life...!!! "

    True..... very True........

    Value of these memories increase with every passing day.
    Such memories get more deeply entrenched in the mind everytime they get revisited. Thats the beauty of this!

    Whats even better is that they are the most effective healers of lonliness.......

    As far as the rain drops are concerned.... I strongly advise you to take bath (with chlorinated water) soon after you get drenched in rain next time..... you never know what the drops are contaminated with! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. COOL as rain drops!!
    me too did this..But not for enjoying the drizzle...Just to keep my umbrella dry :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...its really gud...made me to think abt ma past days while reading it...i was picturizing it inside..it happens only if the writing is gud...kewl..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude,

    I'm sure this post will take any one to their past unforgettable memories. I am not an exceptional to this :)

    What a pleasant feeling it brings in me...

    Great!! Keep posting...

    We expect more such post from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks alot guys... It is nice to see, your responses...

    Thank you,

    Regards,
    Shinoj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enna da Feelingsaaaaaaa ??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really awesome!!!

    I must praise your memories and the way you expressed. Not only me, everyone can walk thru' your pleasant feelings. Simply you have taken me with you nearly for 5 minutes. You made me to travel back in time.

    Thanks, keep posting...

    I heard that you are naive with bike riding. Just kidding :)

    "Then the bike rides through college campus with friends in rain... you know, that is a incredible and special feeling..! The faster you ride, the harder the rain drops hit you..!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. true... not only during college days.. even now, I m not very good in riding bikes :-)

    Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.loving uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete

Painting - A dance floor