Monday 6 October 2008

N2N : 2 - The Cloudy Days !

NULL to NOW

This is in continuation of my previous post: N2N : 1 - Null, The Absolute Beginning !

Chapter 2: The Cloudy Days !

Time has put an end to all our sleepy sessions... We have completed our trainings and moved into projects.. I have been assigned to software testing, I do not know on what basis! Those days, I did not have much idea on s/w testing; but still my mind said that is not the one I wanted to be doing. I wanted to be doing some challenging works, with all the energy and sparks of fresh engineer mind. But life doesn't always give you, what you wanted. I was going in the way, life take me; so as my career..!

My first project was to perform testing of a media management product, which can organize, podcast all media files and communicate with electronics devices like car stereo, home player, TV, Nokia Mobiles N series etc. through WiFi and UPnP technology. The cubicle of our project team looked more like a small theatre/lab rather than a work place.. There had car stereo, TV, home player, WiFi adapters, media collections etc, etc scattered apart from our computers. We could use these devices as our choice of interest in watching movies or listening songs etc as a part of work.

For the next few months, I was going along with the stream, enjoying music, movies during work. The product, in-fact was great idea as a whole; this product even got best innovation award in consumer electronics section at international level. And also, I have been learning ABC's of S/w testing from this project.

But deep inside myself, I was thinking, if I m really doing things which fit to my abilities! No... Absolutely it was not! My work in that project was, something that any normal person could do; it doesn't require an engineer's mind to do that work. And more over, I felt that work very boring. Those were cloudy days of my career; and I keep thinking deeply on how to get rid of this..

Though I was late, I requested management to move me to a more challenging project. There has been some good attempts by management to move me to development project; Thanks for all the attempts by good hearts, though it was not fruitful.

At the end of the drama, I was requested to continue in the same project. The reason being, there had been frequent attrition from my current project already. For the sake of hell or heaven, I did not argue much. That is the way, I always been since from my childhood. Sometimes, this character brought good to me... but some times, I have paid much for being so...

My first attempt of swimming against the stream collapsed there. Life was again flowing along the direction of stream; and so as my career..!

[To be continued]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting - A dance floor